3.17.2008

Psalm 34:1

Well....day two at Crossroads is coming to a close. The morning began with the men gathering for breakfast at Cracker Barrel. The staff are all hilarious and just a great group of guys. I feel like a kid at summer camp - not wanting this to end. 

Tonight in the evening service it was my turn to present our work. We were running a little late because a dinner with some members went long. As we arrived to church I went to grab Natalia out of her car seat and stepped in a leftover container of cheese and broccoli soup. I managed to get most of it off my shoe before going on stage. 

At one point during the service they called all the missionary families up and gave each of us a bag filled with gift cards for the kids. One for a local ice cream place, one for the local Christian bookstore, another for Walmart, etc.. All for the parents to buy stuff for the kids. None of this is how we need to be treated, however it is an overwhelming blessing. 

Pastor Mike Grover concluded the service tonight with a message on having a mind for missions. Erika said it was the best message on missions she has ever heard. I agree. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does the church have a website?

Michael & Erika Barone said...

They sure do...

www.crbaptist.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks :)

Janice said...

WOW! impressive that the Wednesday PM message is there already too! I will surely listen to it soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey now... don't give Grover a big head ;-)

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with our church family in Daytona Beach. But, you have one thing backwards... it is YOU who are a blessing to US.

I hope to see you guys again on furlough, or maybe we'll come see you out on the field. Heck, if we do that, we just might not leave!

Brian D.