2.24.2008

I Timothy 1:12

It honestly seems like yesterday that I was sitting in Bible Institute classes with Tom Street. He has been one of my good friends throughout. His fellowship, friendship and example are all something I miss dearly.

Tom and I got saved around the same week in different circumstances. We also enrolled in Bible Institute around the same time...just a couple of baby-Christians trying to learn our Bibles.

Things are different now. Tom is now “Pastor Tom” and I am a missionary heading to Italy.

Tom invited us to come today and preach at his church - Naples Bible Church. We had a great time - his growing church is full of friendly and giving people! After the service a huge meal was served and we got to fellowship with the church body for a few hours.

It was very exciting for me to preach in my friend's church and to see Tom in his role as Pastor. I found myself smiling every time someone called him “Pastor Tom” or “Our Pastor...”

Things are different for Tom and I these days...but we are both thankful and amazed the Lord has counted us faithful, putting us into the ministry.

5 comments:

Kevin P said...

Praise the LORD! I will remember our trips to Albany together - bunch of Bible students trying to pretend like we understood some things!

Fun to see the Lord move us and use us for His glory!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think I lost my salvation on one of those trips.

...still a Bible student trying to pretend I understand some things.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that about the two of you! Amen. It's a great testimony that both of you were faithful. Still pretending to know things, but faithfulness is a start! ;)

Michael & Erika Barone said...

Yeah...we had it all figured out in Bible Institute. Now...things are different! : ) We realize we do not have a clue!

Anonymous said...

How did you all graduate? LOL