7.16.2007

Hebrews 6:10

Why do missionaries complain about deputation?

I am on the plane riding back from my trip to California and the above thought came into my mind. While in CA a pastor graciously opened up his home to me for my stay in San Francisco. The Pastor's family was a joy to be around and their hospitality is more than anyone could ask for. He allowed me to use a car, gave me a wonderful place to stay and his wife prepared outstanding meals each day. They really count it a privilege to be in the company of missionaries and really are a blessing.

In addition, it has been profitable fellowship with the missionary to Italy and I have learned a great deal more about missions in Italy as a result. The fellowship with the Pastor and missionary has been uplifting and challenging.

In this short trip I have learned so much and have been so encouraged. I am not pretending that I did not miss my family terribly, or that relentless travel will not take its tolls, but the time in churches communicating our vision and the fellowship with the body of Christ will outweigh these things. If the deputation trail is a series of meetings like this, it would be a special time for us.

1 comment:

jen said...

glad it went well! looking forward to your night on the 29th to hear more of what you're learning about Italy & missions in this process...