7.30.2007

Hebrews 10:25


In a person’s lifetime there are generally a few major events that are extra special and are remembered forever. Engagements, weddings, and new births are just a few that we can all relate to. For us however we experienced two special events in one week. The birth of our precious daughter Ellia and Italy Night at First Bible.

I have been replaying Italy Night in my head over and over and am so excited and blessed at how it came together. From the very planning and preparations to clean up at the end, our friends volunteered to work so that every detail was taken care of. The teenagers in my choir were all so willing to help do any task last night. At the reception I saw people serving and running around which was especially humbling.

The attendance was very encouraging to us, especially for a Sunday evening service in the summer! I know that I am biased but my husband was overflowing with energy as he preached a message the Lord gave him some time ago. He was so excited that I could not help but laugh and thank the Lord for the passion in his message. The teen choir sang “Above All” in Italian and I felt so honored that I was able to lead them for the past several years.

We give God the glory and praise for every detail of the evening and we are so excited to begin deputation! Thank you friends and family for coming out to support and encourage us!

2 comments:

Mr. Young said...

Italy Night was fantastic guys! Praise the Lord! I was especially shocked to hear abou the growth of Satanism in Italy...so sad.
Mike your message was a blessing.

Michael & Erika Barone said...

Thanks Shannon! Praise the Lord! We pray that God was glorified!