8.09.2007

Ephesians 5:16

Ahhhh.....the phone calls!

The moment so many have been waiting for. I started making calls this week trying to connect with like-minded pastors. It seems so easy -

1. I call the number of the church.

2. I ask the Secretary if I could speak with the Pastor and she pleasantly says "Sure, just a second..."

3. The pastor comes on the phone and we talk about my packet and the Great Commission.

4. He tells me that he is excited about what God has called me to and invites my family to his church.

Yeah.

Here are some examples why I am starting to think the above scenario is more of an "ideal" than reality! : ) These examples made me smile and I hope they make you laugh as well!

I call the number -

"DOO DO DOO - The number you have called has been disconnected, please try your number again."

I call the number -

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. (12 rings later) Ring. Ring.

I call the number -

Recording - "Hi you have reached *Such and Such* Baptist Church - our office hours are Monday and Wednesday from 10:30 - 3:00"

I call the number and then ask to speak with the pastor -

Secretary: (Trying to hold back the giggles) "Um, he is not available right now, can I take a message?"


- I love this stuff! Please pray.

6 comments:

Ryan and Stephanie said...

Unfortunately, I know exactly what you're talking about. However, I have found whitepages.com to be very helpful with checking phone numbers that go "Doo Do Doo." I have found that between 10am and 12pm is a pretty good time to call. It gives the secretary enough time to get settled in for the day and ready to take calls.
Enjoy!

Mr. Young said...

laughing...

I call the number -

"DOO DO DOO - The number you have called has been disconnected, please try your number again." - They had to many missionaries calling they had to get a new number.

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. (12 rings later) Ring. Ring. - They had caller ID : )

Recording - "Hi you have reached *Such and Such* Baptist Church our offices are Monday and Wednesday from 10:30 - 3:00" - and you thought bankers had good hours... sign me up.

I call the number and then ask to speak with the pastor
Secretary: (Trying to hold back the giggles) "Um, he is not available right now, can I take a message." - ...um...oh I know...it's because your last name is Barone...it's funny... right.. right...

alright, I'll stop laughing. Praying for you guys.

Michael & Erika Barone said...

Shannon - I am glad you enjoyed! I was laughing as I wrote the post and hoped that it would make others day!

David S Baker said...

that is funny, but i think it would slowly make me crazy...

Aaron Putney said...

Ahhh, What I have to look forward to!
Praying that the ideal for you becomes the reality for you

Janice said...

Yikes! We promised to learn from you guys... we still haven't even started on our video and now we are learning about calls!!!! Please, take it easy on us! Turned our missionary page for today, and there you were! Love you guys, and we are praying!