9.15.2008

Why do missionaries complain about deputation?

We have been on deputation for about a year now. As I was reflecting on this, I decided to go back and review the last year of blog posts. In one of my first posts I questioned, “Why do missionaries complain about deputation?”- because we were enjoying ourselves so much. At that time I remember someone saying, “Well wait until you have been on deputation for a year, then talk!” Well we have been on deputation for a year, so I am going to talk.

This week we are at a missions conference at a great church - Greater Portland Baptist Church!


We presented our ministry and spoke all day Sunday. The conference has three more nights of meetings - but our days are free. Today we decided to visit some of the sights around Portland - and we saw some absolutely stunning waterfalls.

Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handywork.


This was a great day with the family and we are trusting God is going to do great things during this Missions Conference. So a year later I am still asking - Why do missionaries complain about deputation?

7 comments:

Hindsey said...

Yeah, well... you've still got 5 years left!

I think God just knows you need more grace, Michael! Praise the Lord for your successful trip(s).

Anonymous said...

dont worry....a few more months....and all the beautiful waterfalls will fade back into big "serious" webcams at Dunkin :)

-but to be serious 4 just 1 minute....glad to hear everythin is goin well, brotha! continuing to pray for ya'll! :)

ok....now go get an Arby's sandwich!

Janice said...

I love being able to go on your blog and feel connected while you guys are away. I'm so glad you guys have been able to have a few "low key" days while there! Praying for you all

O yes- and you have an absolutely ADORABLE family :)
-Liv

Anonymous said...

enjoy your time. . . I hope that God will let you have in the years to come more wonderful experiences as you have had in the first year

Anonymous said...

you've got it tough...

Anonymous said...

So what if Portland has waterfalls, we've got the Genesee River!

Amy said...

it's refreshing to hear the possitivity in your blogs....keep pressin on my friends...praying for you always! Eph. 3:20