6.25.2008

2 Thessalonians 3:1

Cafe Noche

Cafe Noche! On Sunday afternoon, the wonderful ladies in my Prayer Group, hosted a special Cafe Night at church. The purpose of this event was to get more ladies involved with our prayer ministry, which is a key element of Team Italy. Having the support of these godly friends will help our ministry to be even stronger in Italy.

This Italian themed evening was complete with authentic Italian cookies, biscotti, a chocolate fountain, and to drink, of course delicious coffees, cappuccino, and my favorite - “Frizzante.”

It was such a lovely time! So many of my closest friends attended as well as some ladies who I was excited to get to know better! The evening began with mingling, as the guests were supposed to find out more about me (for the great prizes later on). Then Brie welcomed everyone and Nancy prayed for our fellowship and food. I also gave a short update on the highlights of the past 11 months on the road - sharing our goals, funny stories, traveling experiences, and answers to prayer!


I am so honored that God has already brought together this amazing group of ladies to pray for me and my family! Each lady brings a different strength, experience and talent that comes together to make this group so strong. These friends are always faithful to encourage, edify, pray and remind me that they are behind my family as we are on deputation.


It was so encouraging to have these special ladies take time to host, and attend Cafe Noche, showing their genuine interest in what my family is doing. It is friends like these that will last, bonded by the love of Christ.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

I so badly wanted to be there, but was thinking of you that night as I was in my son's hospital room! Looks like a great time! Praying for you here!

Savannah said...

Oh I would have loved to have been there!! Praying for you in MS though! ;)
Love,
Savannah

P.S. We had 8 saved at Vacation Bible School this week and 1 surrender to preach! Praise the Lord!

amy said...

What a blessing to see these pictures and to know that all of these women are holding you up in encouragement! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I had a great time at Cafe Noche! It was nice to get to talk to you Erica, and I am now staying updated via your blog!