7.07.2008

Romans 10:13

Sometimes it is good to be reminded of things we should already know...

The other day I was with a friend trying to witness to people. The first person we went up to was a nice old lady sitting on a bench. We thought surely this lady will hear us out. Think again – this lady could not possibly have been less interested in the gospel message! After a just a few minutes she asked us to depart.

Just then, as we were turning and walking away, a young man with a terrible look on his face was walking by. We asked him if we could talk with him for a few minutes. He stopped but looked rather mad we were bothering him.

After some initial conversation – I asked him if he considered himself to be a good person. He said, "No." I asked him if he had ever lied before and he said he was a liar. I asked him if he ever stole before and he said he was a thief. He was broken without any prodding. After establishing that he was not a good person, He said – “I have been thinking about this the whole day. My life is a mess, I need to be forgiven man, but I don’t know what to do!”

I then shared the glorious gospel with Damien and believe with all my heart he got saved...

Great reminders...

  • Never judge by someone’s outward appearance whether or not they are interested in the gospel message.
  • The Lord is in complete control - had the lady waited 10 more seconds to tell us to get lost, we would have missed our opportunity to talk with Damien!
  • Not everyone is a willing rejector of the gospel message - some just have not been given the opportunity to receive the gift of Christ.
  • God is at work in people’s lives – and wants to use us in His plan.

4 comments:

Alex said...

Awesome testimony. It's all too true that many times we are skeptical, thinking that no one will listen to the gospel. Instead we just need to obey - tell the world and remember that the Holy Spirit will convict of sin.

Victoria said...

If I were the shouting type...but I'm shouting in my heart!:) What a great day for you and for Damien!! Whenever I go witnessing, I look for some of the hardest looking people for I have found that they are often the most receptive! Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

That's an awsome reminder because to many times we choose who we want to witness to because of how we see them.

Mr. Young said...

Praise God! I can't tell you how many times I have been suprised by the softest heart in the hardest looking people. Thanks for your example and faithfulness!