5.27.2008

2 Kings 18:4

Today started off well. I made some phone calls to pastors and even booked a meeting. Good times. 

After that, the plan was to go out and run a few errands. When I got in my van I noticed that the glove compartment had been emptied on the floor and that the van was a disaster. I have two little girls, so my first impression was that Natalia had been playing in the car. 

Then I started to notice that things were missing. 

Our GPS. 
Both my eyeglasses and sunglasses. 
All the coins out of the change holder. 
A bunch of love-offering checks recently received. 

I am slow...but by then I figured out that someone had stolen the items out of my car during the night.  

It is just stuff...I remember Pastor Jay folk preaching a message on 2 Kings 18:4 and the word "Nehushtan." The people were worshipping and burning incense to a piece of brass. Hezekiah broke the brasen serpent and called it "Nehushtan" which literally means "a piece of brass."
Pastor Folk made the application - All stuff is just that...stuff. No sense worshipping it. Why would you worship a piece of brass?! That was the point of the message. 

I guess I can say..."Nehushtan." Praise the Lord, our family is unharmed - all we lost is stuff. 

6 comments:

Victoria said...

What an amazing testimony - it's one thing to hear a message like that, but to remember it and live it when you're in the mist a trial such as this is TRUE Christian living.

I will be praying for you all. May God continue to have His hand on you!!

Kevin P said...

At least no one was hurt. Maybe the thief will use the GPS to visit the last couple churches you were at!

Michael & Erika Barone said...

Victoria - thanks for the kind words and prayers! We do not take them for granted!

Anonymous said...

www.alexesabry.altervista.org
Sunflower's Gospel Choir Trapani Sicily Italy.
God Bless You!
Ciao! Sabry.

Janice said...

well, I know a few opticians that might be able to help with replacing the glasses at least...

Michael & Erika Barone said...

Jan - that would be a huge blessing! Are you kidding or do you really know someone?!