4.22.2008

3 John 1:14

Being on the road is usually an exciting adventure...always looking forward to what's around the next corner! But today it is bittersweet. The practical side of me realized it would save three hours of driving to stay here in New Jersey a few more days rather than driving home before our next meeting. The heartfelt side of me is missing my family and friends...especially today on my birthday.
 
I talk with my mom and dad almost every day and honestly, I miss them. I also talk or email my friends as much as I possibly can get time to, and I miss them too. On Monday night a group of my faithful friends met to pray for my family and ministry as they do every month. But this week they had a birthday party for me...and I could not be there. I am so blessed to have so many, many sweet, thoughtful friends! I never imagined God would bless me in this way so abundantly! They emailed me pictures from the party of the birthday cake with sprinkles, chocolate covered strawberries and lovely gifts. 


Ladies, you mean so much to me. Thank you for being so thoughtful! I miss you and wish I could have been there with you. Thank you for being there for me and my family. I love you and appreciate you! 

3 comments:

Hindsey said...

Happy Birthday, Erika!!

(...I do hope that this was Erika writing :) )

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Erika!
~orange girl

Savannah said...

Aw that was so thoughtful! What a Blessing:) Happy Late Birthday Erika ;)