1.17.2008

Matthew 10:29-31

I stand amazed at the presence of Jesus the Nazarene.

This past week we were at Community Baptist Church in New Jersey. They have good bagels in New Jersey. They have good people too.

We presented our burden for Italy during the Sunday School hour and then preached for the morning service. Before the pastor had me come and preach he mentioned Pastor Doug Whiteside was in town and was attending a service. Needless to say, this made me a little nervous before getting up to preach.

(Side note: Whiteside is a hero of mine as I have always been spoken to through messages he has preached at FBBC – especially the one on missions from the book of Ruth.)

Well...the other day my phone rang and the caller ID showed a number I did not recognize with a 201 area code.

“Hello Michael, this is Pastor Whiteside.” I was a “little” taken back. As I tried to figure out why he was giving me the time of day he stated that when we are in town again he wants to have lunch with me and talk about supporting us!

Maybe it is a demonstration of God’s sovereignty. Maybe it is Him answering prayer. Maybe it is because He knows I dislike making phone calls soliciting meetings. Maybe it is all those things.

Regardless, I enjoy when God reminds us that He is God.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

All I can say is...WOW - DOUG WHITESIDE!!!!!! Not that I'm supposed to regard one man above another, but...WOW!!!

Michael & Erika Barone said...

Yeah, Victoria...that is what I am saying!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Barone Family,

May the Lord bless as you serve in Italy. Slovenia, Austria and France all bordering Italy also have such a great need for the Gospel. Some of the Northern provices of various regions bordering these nations mentioned above in Northern Italy have a low percentage of Italian Evangelical believers often at 1/10 of one percent or less.