11.10.2008

Southwest Baptist Church

One day I was checking my email - something I do every now and again - and received an email from someone who found our website. He stated that he was impressed with our ministry and would talk to his brother about getting us into his church. Shortly there after his brother Pastor Greg Davis contacted me inviting us to his annual missions conference at Southwest Baptist Church.

The theme of the conference was “Jesus for Every Nation”

There were missionaries represented from Rock of Ages prison ministry, Ecuador, Italy and Kenya. It is always a blessing to hear each missionary present their DVD and speak from their heart about the field they were called to.

The thought came to mind during one of the presentations that there has been so much talk leading up to the elections and afterward about God’s future blessings on America - but it was great to be reminded that God is not just an American God - He did not die for “...one nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.” - John 11:52

2 comments:

Ryan and Stephanie said...

I thought of you when I read this article.
http://message.abwe.org/vol56no04/Step-by-Step.html
Leslie says "Hi" and sends her love.

Unknown said...

We enjoyed having you at our church. We will certainly keep you in our prayers. Sorry our time was so short (due to Sheils's Dad being hospitalized), I wish we could have had more time to spend with you. I will have some sermon audio sent to you on Monday.

Carl and Sheila Davis