8.23.2008

Matthew 13:1-8

Saturday I had the chance to preach the gospel for the FBBC Flag Football ministry. The ministry had three separate gospel presentations throughout the day that I did. The weather was very hot and three gospel presentations can be spiritually and physically exhausting.

It seems like every year I have had an opportunity to preach for this ministry. Although I always enjoy it, today was the most encouraging day I have ever had there. Let’s face it, football players are generally not the most receptive of people - especially at a halftime of their game!

After my first presentation of the gospel, I was standing near some bleachers praying God would use what was said. A lady came up to me and introduced herself as Clara. She stated that a few years ago she was not a Christian and had attended a Flag Football game where I gave the gospel. She also stated that after my message she started seeing her need to be forgiven. She became a Christian shortly after! Now she is married and growing in her relationship with the Lord Jesus!

That day she thanked me over and over for taking the time to share the gospel with her two years ago. I left that conversation thanking God over and over.

5 comments:

Mr. Young said...

Praise God! I'm glad He allowed you to see some of the fruit of your labour. What a great testimony.

Savannah said...

That is a wonderful testimony! Praise God for all He allows us to be a part of!

So I am going to be in Zambia Sept 4th Lord willing!!

Please pray for the hurricane that is suppose to head my way the day bf I am scheduled to fly out...yikes! But God knows all and takes care of all so I am looking forward to Him clearing the way for the trip!! I pray we will hear His will loud and clear and take the right path!

God Bless your sweet family... I miss yall!!

Anonymous said...

That's amazing! It must have been an awesome experience seeing how God has used you in another person's life! Praise God!

Anonymous said...

nice flip flops

Michael & Erika Barone said...

Nelson - you are always a blessing!