11.06.2007

Matthew 12:46-49

This week we are at Grace Baptist Church in Miami, FL. This is an exciting church that just four years ago were running 45 people and now have over 700 people on a Sunday morning! The pastor is an exciting man of God that is really being used of the Lord in this city.

Grace’s missions conference begins with a Saturday festival with the missionaries dressing up like the country they are going to minister to.













The church also had little stations representing different countries. Each display had food, music and people dressed like those in the particular country. Many were really creative and visiting each station made for great fun and a full stomach.

Saturday was also my birthday. My birthday is really is not a big deal, however while driving to the church that day the thought came to my mind that I wish I was home spending the day with family and friends. I mean, spending the day in a car driving five hours to this meeting was not the ideal birthday.

We soon got to the church and began meeting people during the festival. The diverse church is so friendly and we quickly bonded with them and the other missionaries at the conference. At one point I was reminded that it was my birthday and immediately God brought to mind my previous thoughts as well as the passage Matthew 12:46-49. Earlier in the day I wished I spent the day with family and friends. Now I stretch forth my hand and say...

“...Behold my mother and my brethren!”


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics and I love your hat!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Janice said...

I think you will find you have "family" all over the globe! Happy belated birthday! Erika, I missed you at the concert... was looking forward to my Lili fix... there will be another time! Love you guys!
Matthew 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

Kevin P said...

Sounds like a great conference - amazing the lessons the Lord continues to teach. Sorry you had to be on the road for your birthday but I am glad you were able to see the lesson behind it all!

Hindsey said...

Yeah, you guys look suave... Erika, I love the blue outfit and little fan you were holding, and Michael, that red shirt thing you're wearing and black hat really bring out your best features...