10.04.2007

II Peter 1:10

I know I am in the will of God! I know God has called me to be a Baptist missionary to Italy. How can I be so sure?

I played my first round of golf today.

This week we are at Hunters Creek Bible Baptist Church. Often times during a mission's conference the host pastor will take the missionaries to do activities during the day. Sometimes it is sight seeing and other times, eating out. Today the schedule called for golf. Yeah.

I had never played golf before today. That great truth was apparent to everyone who came to Archie's golf course today! It was certainly apparent to me as I found myself countless times walking through brush looking for my ball. It was also apparent to the swans in the various ponds who had to keep getting out of the way when I took a swing.

There was one time when I hit the ball great. Man it took off. When it landed - it was buried in a sand trap.

Paul charged us to understand what the will of the Lord is for our lives. Peter wanted us to make our calling and election sure. I know that my calling is sure. I am called to be a church-planter to the country of Italy - not a golfer.

4 comments:

Kevin P said...

Don't give up! The more you play the more you will be frustrated :)

Mr. Young said...

I hate golf...I mean if your gonna play a sport play a man's sport, like slow pitch men's softball!

Anonymous said...

does your golf swing look like your softball swing? haha i agree with kevin, i get frustrated now that i learned how to play a little bit... the important part of your trip? how did that go;)

Michael & Erika Barone said...

Matt -

My swings must be the same because the balls both go the same distance when I hit them! The trip went well, the people at the church were great and we really enjoyed ourselves.